Virtual Gala Fundraiser Training
Learn the BEST ideas & approach for YOUR virtual gala!
Thanks to COVID-19, a new style of fundraiser emerged – the virtual gala.
The first 8 weeks were a madhouse of change. Adaptations happened daily. We watched those early events and took notes.
By May 2020, the pace of change subsided. Virtual galas fell into five specific styles.
Good ideas have emerged.
In this class, I’ll share the best ideas I’ve seen when it comes to virtual galas, with a focus on Zoom Meeting/webinar events, which allow the most interactivity between guests and presenters.
This training is designed to bring auction chairs, development directors, and volunteers up-to-speed on the best ideas to planning a ballroom-style gala … online.
Nonprofits in 2021 are planning virtual galas. Some are hoping for in-person but planning a virtual event as they need a good backup.
So what does it take to plan a good virtual gala?
This 3-hour course and accompanying 2-hour Q&A session — along with several downloadable resources — gives you the best approaches I’ve personally used and witnessed when it comes to private virtual galas.
(“Private” = invitation-only, web meeting or webinar-styled galas.)
The training includes…
- Best ideas I’ve seen to engage the audience. We will talk about “how to make it FUN” and be a standout experience — just like your in-person event!
- Fund a need / paddle-raiser strategies specific to a virtual gala
- Procurement/solicitation ideas in a challenging economy
- “WOW!” ideas for your virtual party boxes and physical gift sets
- To charge or not? Ticketing strategies for virtual galas.
- Setting up a proper timeline / production schedule
- Specific volunteer roles (and job descriptions) needed for virtual galas
- New sponsorship ideas for online galas
This training is for you if…
- You’re committed to hosting a Zoom Meeting or webinar-based virtual event.
- You’re considering a virtual event, but first want a better grasp of how they work.
- You need to convince other stakeholders as to why a webinar-styled virtual event will be the right one for your organization.
- You’re already working with Red Apple Auctions for your gala. (As with all of our courses, clients receive courses free of additional charge.)
What you receive
- 3-hour webinar training class
- Downloadable slides from the training
- Recording of Q&A session with additional games/activities
- List of consignors offering affordable trips, jewelry for men and women, house decor items, and other items, along with my favorites. (Some consignors offer you a bonus when you mention “Red Apple Auctions.”)
- Downloadable detailed virtual gala timeline that featured extra interactivity. (Use it as a model for your own event.)
- Virtual gala volunteer job descriptions
- Access to the resources and recordings for one year