Virtual Gala Fundraiser Training
Learn the BEST ideas & approach for YOUR virtual gala!
Thanks to COVID-19, a new style of fundraiser emerged – the virtual gala.
The first 8 weeks were a madhouse of change. Adaptations happened daily. We watched those early events and took notes.
By May 2020, the pace of change subsided. Virtual galas fell into five specific styles.
Good ideas have emerged.
In this class, I’ll share the best ideas I’ve seen when it comes to virtual galas, with a focus on Zoom Meeting/webinar events, which allow the most interactivity between guests and presenters.
This training is designed to bring auction chairs, development directors, and volunteers up-to-speed on the best ideas to planning a ballroom-style gala … online.
Nonprofits in 2021 are planning virtual galas. Some are hoping for in-person but planning a virtual event as they need a good backup.
So what does it take to plan a good virtual gala?
This 3-hour course and accompanying 2-hour Q&A session — along with several downloadable resources — gives you the best approaches I’ve personally used and witnessed when it comes to private virtual galas.
(“Private” = invitation-only, web meeting or webinar-styled galas.)
The training includes…
- Best ideas I’ve seen to engage the audience. We will talk about “how to make it FUN” and be a standout experience — just like your in-person event!
- Fund a need / paddle-raiser strategies specific to a virtual gala
- Procurement/solicitation ideas in a challenging economy
- “WOW!” ideas for your virtual party boxes and physical gift sets
- To charge or not? Ticketing strategies for virtual galas.
- Setting up a proper timeline / production schedule
- Specific volunteer roles (and job descriptions) needed for virtual galas
- New sponsorship ideas for online galas
This training is for you if…
- You’re committed to hosting a Zoom Meeting or webinar-based virtual event.
- You’re considering a virtual event, but first want a better grasp of how they work.
- You need to convince other stakeholders as to why a webinar-styled virtual event will be the right one for your organization.
- You’re already working with Red Apple Auctions for your gala. (As with all of our courses, clients receive courses free of additional charge.)
What you receive
- 3-hour webinar training class
- Downloadable slides from the training
- Recording of Q&A session with additional games/activities
- List of consignors offering affordable trips, jewelry for men and women, house decor items, and other items, along with my favorites. (Some consignors offer you a bonus when you mention “Red Apple Auctions.”)
- Downloadable detailed virtual gala timeline that featured extra interactivity. (Use it as a model for your own event.)
- Virtual gala volunteer job descriptions
- Access to the resources and recordings for one year
Nancy Raeber –
This was a great course ! It was my first one with Sherry although I have been following her for a few years for advice and trends. Moving to a virtual gala is a bit daunting and Sherry has provided us with a starting point and roadmap in a time when we really need it! I also REALLY appreciate her positive attitude and go for it mentality!
Heather Hanson –
I found this class full of valuable information in light of the current changes in how we will do things with our gala in light of COVID 19 and it also made me think about how we can reach more people with the online auction that normally can’t make our event. We have many supporters in locations away from where we hold the event. I am excited about the resources Sherry gave us and I will spend time re- reviewing the webinar since it was packed full of good ideas and thoughts. Worth the time and expense to attend. I am glad the resources are available to relisten at any time.
Kim Bufalo –
Celeste Thompson –
Sherry’s Virtual Gala Webinar provided all the right tools to get us started planning our first virtual event. The comprehensive sessions covered everything from event sponsorships, tickets, auction, entertainment and more. We were inspired by so many new and creative ways to engage our party guests and make the virtual experience fun. In recent years our event has raised significant funds through a “Fund A Need” appeal and Sherry’s course provides great ideas for this as well.
Laurie Strongin –
Sherry is an expert when it comes to auctions. Her ability to pivot to the virtual format and to continue to adapt as new technology becomes available has been a lifesaver as my nonprofit plans our upcoming gala. I find each of Sherry’s classes to be invaluable to my ability to maximize the potential earnings from this new virtual format. I highly recommend Sherry’s classes and her auctioneering services.
I found this course to be invaluable. The decision to host a virtual gala has been daunting, and Sherry covers every aspect of it. Sherry’s experience, advice, examples, and enthusiasm have given us the confidence to move forward virtually. With so many great ideas, it will be fun to decide which to use and how to incorporate them into our event. Well worth the investment and I appreciate Sherry leading the way in this new world!
Julie Raffensperger –
As we all face the new world order under covid-19, it was great to view Sherry’s course “A Virtual Gala Fundraiser” to not only validate what I have been thinking of transforming our event into, but to get other terrific ideas. Sherry did our gala “Live” last year that was a huge success, and there I was able to witness her great energy and enthusiasm as an auctioneer. This training provided me with much more than the auction and fundraising side of an event, but helped me think about our overall goals to our community and provide some excellent examples to how to reach them. By watching Sherry’s tutorial, it gave me confidence that our “virtual” event can be just or even more successful and reach even more people.
Patti Micklin –
Sherry’s course provided the roadmap I needed to feel confident if we need to take our event to the virtual platform. Her bonus FAQ session helped make the course even more personalized to my organization’s specific situation – and I learned so much from other participants’ questions. Thank you, Sherry!
Dawn Marie Woodward –
As always, classes with Sherry are fun and extremely informative. I know when I take part in her sessions I will leave with new ideas and the confidence to pull them off!
Thank you for being a leader in our world of event planning.
Esther Landau –
This was my first course with Sherry and I was more than satisfied. I came away with so many ideas and a solid set of guidelines for making our first virtual gala successful. I was able to share her slide decks with our Auxiliary (yes, we have one of those) and they were really appreciative of all the information.