Virtual Gala Fundraiser Training
Learn the BEST ideas & approach for YOUR virtual gala!
Thanks to COVID-19, a new style of fundraiser emerged – the virtual gala.
The first 8 weeks were a madhouse of change. Adaptations happened daily. We watched those early events and took notes.
By May 2020, the pace of change subsided. Virtual galas fell into a few specific styles.
Good ideas have emerged.
In this class, I’ll share the best ideas I’ve seen when it comes to virtual galas with a focus on webinar-styled events, which allow for more interactivity.
This training is designed to bring auction chairs, development directors, and volunteers up-to-speed on the best ideas to planning a ballroom-style gala … online.
Nonprofits no longer have the luxury of “pivoting” already-planned in-person events to a virtual one. From the get-go, planners must design a virtual event. What does that take?
This 3-hour course and accompanying 45 minute Q&A session — along with several downloadable resources — gives you the best approaches I’ve personally used and witnessed when it comes to private virtual galas.
(“Private” = invitation-only, web meeting or webinar-styled galas.)
The training includes…
- Best ideas I’ve seen to engage the audience. We will talk about “how to make it FUN” and be a standout experience — just like your in-person event!
- Fund a need / paddle-raiser strategies specific to a virtual gala
- Procurement/solicitation ideas in a challenging economy
- “WOW!” ideas for your virtual party boxes and physical gift sets
- To charge or not? Ticketing strategies for virtual galas.
- Setting up a proper timeline / production schedule
- Specific volunteer roles (and job descriptions) needed for virtual galas
- New sponsorship ideas for online galas
This training is for you if…
- You’re committed to hosting a webinar-based virtual event.
- You’re considering a virtual event, but first want a better grasp of how they work.
- You need to convince other stakeholders as to why a webinar-styled virtual event will be the right one for your organization.
- You’re already working with Red Apple Auctions for your gala. (As with all of our courses, clients receive courses free of additional charge.)
What you receive
- 3-hour webinar training class
- Downloadable slides from the training
- ~45 minute recording of Q&A session
- List of consignors offering affordable trips, jewelry for men and women, house decor items, and other items, along with my favorites. (Some consignors offer you a bonus when you mention “Red Apple Auctions.”)
- Downloadable detailed virtual gala timeline that featured extra interactivity. (Use it as a model for your own event.)
- Virtual gala volunteer job descriptions
- Access to the resources and recordings for one year