Here’s how to harness the enthusiasm of your volunteer auctioneer AND give him/her the tools s/he needs to be more effective…so YOU raise more money!
If your group uses volunteer auctioneers (whether it’s a Board member, the local mayor, a gregarious Dad, etc.) then you probably already know how nerve-wracking it can be for them—and you!
Let’s face it; very few people are comfortable in front of an audience.
Most folks are terrified of public speaking, but they’re willing to “take one for the team” in an effort to make the event run smoothly.
Plus, there are many aspects of running a successful benefit auction that your volunteer auctioneers may find hard to process, making for even more angst at event time.
So let’s fix the anxiety issue and take back control of the auction once and for all!
The perfect way to do this is with coaching, and I’m here to help you make that happen.
This coaching covers a lot of ground. Here are some often-covered topics:
- What to do to prepare immediately, starting with the moment you agree to be the auctioneer
- How to prepare for the big day … what you need to do, versus what the committee needs to do for you.
- How to properly sell “doubles”
- How to manage a cash appeal
- The one action you could make on stage which could cost your charity thousands of dollars
- Methods of selling similar types of items to maximize revenues
- Crowd quieting techniques
- When and how to oversee raffles, games, and similar activities
- Working with your volunteer floor crew
Auctioneers, you owe it to your charity … and Committee, you owe it to your volunteer auctioneers — to make your next auction free of fear, overwhelm and confusion.
To schedule an auctioneer training session: Info@RedAppleAuctions.com, or call 1-888-474-0838.