How to raise more money using tested techniques
This webinar had been recommended by another Developer who had found it useful. After our 1st silent auction last year, this gives me good ammunition to aim much, much higher at this year’s gala.
In this webinar, you’ll learn the tricks — the marketing, the psychology, and the science — behind a top-performing silent auction.
Silent auctions are often supported by a cadre of volunteers. It’s great that volunteers sign up to help. But it’s tricky in that everyone brings their own ideas. (And not all ideas are proven winners.)
- How do you get people to PAY ATTENTION to the silent auction?
- How do you make the guests BID?
- How do you get the crowd to OVERPAY for items, instead of just trying to “get a deal?”
These are common questions from auction organizers. The good news is that there are ways to do this, and you’ll see the improvements in your revenue once you start implementing these concepts.
Very valuable information.
I hung up the phone anxious to start working on/organizing a plan for my organization’s auction being held in October.
Through dozens of photos, real-life examples, and stories, this comprehensive training teaches you …
- Learn what guests are CLAMORING TO BUY, without using surveys. (Use this new information to direct your procurement efforts.)
- Got auction software? You’ll learn how to use EXISTING DATA to re-design and improve your auction THIS year. (This was the big “AHA!” with one nonprofit when I presented this concept in Texas.) Going one step further, take your results from your real silent auction and use it in the templates (located on a private webpage) so you can see how your auction can be changed to raise more money.
- Real-life examples of how nonprofits are adopting marketing ideas from corporations (DSW Shoe Warehouse, Nordstrom, Target, Kmart) to improve sales.
- Ever heard of sign-ups? A common flaw to selling these activities is that nonprofits often price the party too high or too low. Guests either won’t buy or buy too quickly. You’ll learn a new strategy to fix this annoying problem, so your party is perfectly priced.
- Did someone donate an item you’re not thrilled about selling? Maybe it’s an unusual art piece or ‘ugly’ jewelry. You’ll be amazed at how you CAN market difficult donations, without embarrassing the donor. (This technique often raises MUCH more than you’d expect.)
- Incorporating mobile bidding? If you’re considering adopting this technology, learn the right questions to ask your vendors so you get the best technology to meet your needs for you AND your guests.
- How to transition bids from an online auction into the silent auction to involve more people in the bidding process.
- How to slip incremental gains into your silent auction to garner a few hundred to a few thousand extra dollars
- One controversial tip guaranteed to reduce your workload, save you a few thousand dollars, and NOT impact your guest’s experience
- Affordable, practical, beautiful displays that don’t involve pricey acrylic stands
- Many, many tricks and simple tips that have been proven to improve revenues .. sometimes by over 20%!
If you want to have an “easy silent auction,” this is THE PREFERRED training to hand over to your silent auction team. Ask them to watch it every year, a few weeks before your event, as a reminder of what to do.
This was wonderful!
I have attended so many webinars that are difficult to follow, boring, hard to understand, and didn’t provide enough ‘take home’ materials, but this one was AMAZING!!! Great job
What you receive:
- A DVD of the live webinar (1 hour, 50 minutes)
- A workbook (137 pages) that includes a transcript of the training and a paper copy of the slide presentation
- Checklist for writing compelling item descriptions. (Never again miss a detail that stops guests from bidding.)
- Bonus (download online): Spreadsheet for determining your silent auction category ROI. (The information you learn after you populate the sheet with last year’s results needs to be shared with your volunteers as they start the acquisitions process.)
- Bonus (download online): Spreadsheet to track acquisitions (A 5-minute training video accompanies this spreadsheet.)
- Bonus (download online): Template to create all of your silent auction vertical displays
- Bonus (download online): Bid sheets in Excel format that will automatically configure all of your pre-printed increments and Guaranteed Bid (if you want to use it). Save this, print it out (or send it to your printer), and your bid sheets are DONE! For my clients that haven’t yet invested in auction software, this is how they produce bid sheets for their auction. Choose from among half-sized bid sheets and full-sized bid sheets.
I have chaired a non-profit annual fundraising dinner for the past six years. Our attendance has grown from 350 when I started to 800 this past year. The Silent Auction has become a significant part of the fundraising for the evening.
This webinar was excellent and will give me a much better idea on how to improve it this year as well as the types of items that are the best sellers! I love the spreadsheet and will use that to determine our best ROI.
This training is for you if ….
- You are running a silent auction for the first time.
- You can’t afford silent auction software, and want a way to easily produce silent auction bid sheets.
- You are a ‘pro’ at silent auctions and have seen a lot, but are stumped at how to get guests to pay more attention to your fabulous items.
- Your silent auction is primarily volunteer-run. This is the easiest way to bring newbies up to speed! Use it every year to educate your team. Preferably watch it as a team, or at least ask each member of your volunteer committee to watch the DVD.
Well presented, problems tackled quickly, and I learned a lot of new things! What more could you ask?
About your presenter
Benefit auctioneer Sherry Truhlar helps charities across the USA, averaging more than one benefit auction per week. Dozens of other clients are supported annually through consulting, and she’s taught thousands of people through her silent auction webinars on Charity How To and similar platforms. Her marketing prowess is brought to bear on silent auctions, as she teaches auction planners how to incorporate simple and complex strategies into an event in order to realize more revenue.
As an expert teacher and national educator on all-things benefit auction oriented, this webinar provides all the tools necessary to lay a solid foundation for setting up and selling your silent auction.