Using creative benefits and outside-the-box strategies to close sponsorship deals
Sponsorships are often managed so poorly in the world of benefit auctions that a dedicated auction planner who is ready to ‘to it right’ can be breathtakingly successful. When approached properly, I’m convinced that it won’t take all that much to look better than every other group knocking on a potential sponsors door.
It’s a matter of understanding WHAT SPONSORS WANT!
And you’ll learn that in the training. ?
Be prepared to take notes. This approach to sponsorship development is likely a departure from what your organization is likely doing.
The good news is that you can be wildly successful when you shift your approach and start overseeing this area properly.
Through photos, writing samples, actual auction gala examples, and stories, this detailed training teaches you …
- Old school sponsorships versus a new school approach. (Hint: Offering tiered levels like bronze, silver and gold is easy, but it’s not the most effective for securing sponsors. And these benefits often work against a successful live auction, ironically.)
- The difference between setting up your sponsorship program and your underwriting program, and why it can be important if you’re concerned about Charity Navigator ratings.
- How to identify, locate, and meet new sponsors
- Learn what sponsors really want by learning to THINK like a sponsor. (That’s when sponsors start saying, “Sign me up!”)
- How to make your website “sponsorship ready” so companies are magnetized to your auction event
- Creative benefits: What your sponsors would love to hear you say. (Tip: If you think they want more tickets to your auction, it’s not. Even us auctioneers don’t want those people to attend!)
- How to prepare for your sponsorship meeting. (Do this, and you’ll look better than 99% of the other nonprofits out there.)
- Sponsorship stewardship: How to “wow” your sponsor POST-event, so they are ready to support you again.
- A discussion on “point of sale” sponsorship opportunities. These offer ongoing revenue, but should be showcased at the auction!
What you receive:
- A DVD of the live webinar (95 minutes)
- A companion guide (80 pages). This includes a transcript of the training and a copy of the slide presentation
- List of creative sponsorship benefits (37 to get you started!) that do NOT include boring benefits like ‘tickets to our auction’ or ‘logo on signage.’
- Solicitation templates to use when reaching out to potential sponsors
- BONUS! You’ll get access to a password-protected webpage whereby you can access these additional tools:
- Two contrasting videos – one excellent and one ‘meh’ – showing how two different nonprofits managed sponsorships from car dealers. his will give you some ideas of how to approach your local car dealerships so you “wow” them with ideas.
- One video showing how a nonprofit highlighted their sponsors in a clever way that made guests laugh. (Get guests laughing, and they’ll remember the sponsors!)
This training is for you if …
- You are the sponsorship chair of your auction.
- Your auction is launching a sponsorship program for the first time and you want to ‘do it right.’
- You have identified sponsorships as an area of growth for your gala and need ways to expand it.
- You want to understand how other galas are better leveraging their sponsorship programs. (The training is stuffed with real-life examples.)
About your presenter
Benefit auctioneer Sherry Truhlar helps nonprofits across the USA, averaging more than one benefit auction per week. Dozens of other clients are supported annually through consulting, and she’s taught thousands of auction chairs through her auction webinars. As a busy benefit auctioneer with clients in multiple states, her expertise and practical teaching is based on real-world events. She’s observed the best methods and worst approaches when it comes to sponsorship … listened to hundreds of company sponsors … spoken with thousands of nonprofits … and distilled the best of ideas down to a near fool-proof process.
As an expert teacher and national educator on all-things benefit auction oriented, this webinar provides what you need to start a financially meaningful sponsorship program to add to your auction revenue.