Looking for a job that includes planning school auctions?
I don’t recall ever posting a job announcement on my blog before, but three circumstances collided this week to make it seem like a brilliant idea.
- As you read this, I’m on vacation at a lake in Missouri. I don’t want to write a complex post.
- This school is a long-time client. I’m happy to help them out.
- With jobs seemingly in short supply you, dear reader, might be interested in applying.
Bullis School in Potomac, MD is seeking an Events Coordinator.
You get to plan all kinds of events, including the largest fundraiser of the year: the school auction.
Below is a draft … DRAFT, meaning “not quite accurate” … description of the announcement. Don’t hold me or Bullis to this description. I’m sure the school will be posting the updated description on its website soon.
Meanwhile, interested applicants are encouraged to email Joanne Szadkowski, Director of Institutional Advancement (or call her at 301-983-5709) without waiting for the posting. (Tell her Red Apple Auctions sent you.)
10601 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
Events Coordinator: Job description (FT, 12 mos)
- Participate as a contributing member of the Institutional Advancement Team
- Prepare and manage budgets for events, organize and execute the following events (and support others as needed): New Faculty Reception, Faculty/Staff Picnic, New Parents Reception, Homecoming Weekend, Alumni Reunion Reception, International Family Reception, Faculty/Staff Holiday Party, Wine Tasting, Gala/Auction (major fundraising event for approx. 400 people), Grandparents and Special Friends Day, Head of School Circle Reception and Graduation.
- Prepare RFPs and manage contracts with vendors
- Research and check capabilities and cost benefits for vendors
- Select and supervise vendors, ensure proper payments and accounting Recruit and manage parent volunteers
- Supervise creation, production and packaging of event related print materials, including invitations, letters, name badges, signs, gala catalog, and spreadsheets, etc. as needed.
- Create, compile and maintain invitation and RSVP lists for events
- Create and manage gala database, run reports and all associated documentation for auction
- Train volunteers and staff on gala data entry and other tasks
- Create and submit facilities and food service work orders for events
- Make phone calls to solicit volunteers, donors, advertisers and participants for gala
- Send follow-up e-mails/make follow-up phone calls, when possible, for RSVPs to most events
- Manage MaestroSoft auction database and Maestroweb auction web page