Banishing Auction Check-Out Problems: Best practices in the convergence of credit card payments and mobile bidding
Hello auction planner,
Any of these sound familiar?
- Your benefit auction is on the newish side, and you’re having problems with registration and check-out. It’s general confusion with long lines.
- Your event has traditionally earned a steady amount (say, $30,000), and you’ve developed a workable auction checkout process. Then you make a change — perhaps you hire a better auctioneer or attract more donors. You’re thrilled to raise $100k but don’t understand why checkout failed.
- You’ve adopted mobile bidding but have “what’s best” questions. “When’s it best to open registration? Turn on bidding? Turn it off? How?“
I’ve tapped one of my longtime colleagues in the benefit auction industry (Kim Bauman of GreaterGiving) to chat about these matters. You’ll appreciate the data and best practices we share in this training!
Here is what you’ll learn:
- The #1 technology tool you need before you even think about growing your auction. (Sorry, you simply can’t do without it! It generates an extra 20-25% of revenue.)
- The big mistake many non-profits make when deciding which credit cards to accept. You’ll be surprised to know where your biggest dollars are made … and West Coast versus East Coast spending differences.
- Questions to ask your bank, so you avoid getting taken in by them. You’ll want to know if you should or shouldn’t use your bank’s terminals at your event.
- A trend in auction registrations. (Guests can now spend big bucks at your event without bringing a check, cash, or credit card. Learn how guests are now donating despite arriving without any form of payment in hand.)
- How mobile bidding integrates. (I’ll be asking Kim several questions on best practices, as mentioned above.)
What’s the investment?
FREE! Just enter your name and email address below to instantly access the recording.
As a gift with your registration, you’ll also receive a free subscription to my popular bi-monthly “Benefit Auction Ideas” articles. As Kim and I are jointly offering this call, we’ll be sharing details to better prepare for our audience.
Benefit auction mentor