Here’s a bit of froth and fun for my first blog post of 2011.
If you’re evaluating some trendy benefit auction themes or centerpiece ideas, here’s the color to use.
PANTONE® 18-2120 Honeysuckle: the official color of 2011
Until stumbling across this last week, I had no idea there was a color of the year. (Naive of me.)
In addition to paint, the perky shade has already been rolled into Visa cards and wedding dresses.
Pantone says that the vibrant color of honeysuckle “lifts the spirits and imparts confidence to meet life’s ongoing challenges.”
(Which is exactly how I’d describe it, too. ;))
So you know, Pantone is a company that provides a standardized color reproduction system based on four inks: cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. This system allows different manufacturers in varying locations to produce the same color on fabric, paint, plastics, and so forth without having direct contact with one another. Referring to a color by its Pantone number eliminates confusion.
It’s an intense color.
If you want to use it in your gala’s theme, here are some ideas.
- Patterned invitations
- Dynamic accent color on your website
- Splash the color into your auction centerpieces.
- There is no shortage of flowers in this shade!
- Bathe your benefit auction in honeysuckle-inspired lighting
- Give auction guests a burst of color with honeysuckle-colored gift bags
- Blink-y necklaces also come in this shade. Greet guests with one, or use it in your raffle.
- Small silent auction items in this shade would be fun. Maybe an ice cream maker, dog dish, or glassware.
If you go with the color, send me photos. I’d love to see how you incorporate it.