Although this catchy video isn’t specific to charity auctions, it is specific to the nonprofit sector. As gala auctions are part of that industry, I wanted to include it here.
I think that anyone working in the nonprofit industry will be fascinated with this information.
As I watched the video with an eye-towards-auctions, here are some of the facts that grabbed my attention:
- 83% of donations are made by individuals. No doubt some of those individuals were auction guests who bought a great package in the live or silent auction.
- 70% of US households make at least one donation to a non-profit.
- Average amount of donation is $2333. The video doesn’t provide a breakdown, but surely some are donations of auction items.
- 73% of non-profit income is earned from tuition, hospital fees, and ticket sales. Ticket sales? Surely some are ticket sales to events, including gala auctions.
- 6.5% of Americans volunteer for non-profits every day, averaging 2.3 hours each day. Volunteers can provide end-user services to non-profits (such as when I volunteered for Literacy Volunteers of America to teach others to read) and provide helping hands at events like walk-a-thons, bowling tournaments, and your auction.
As you watched the video, what grabbed your attention?
Post your comment below.